Impact of Criminal Cases on Professional Licenses in NJ
Passaic County NJ Criminal Defense Attorney
The impact that a conviction may have on your professional license is an important consideration in defending criminal cases. Criminal defense attorney Alissa D. Hascup represents clients throughout New Jersey, including in Paterson, Newark, Morristown, and Hackensack, who have been charged with criminal offenses such as aggravated assault, robbery, drug offenses, terroristic threats, and weapons offenses.
If you have criminal charges pending against you, you can face any number of collateral issues during the pendency of your case, including issues related to a professional license that you hold. Incurring a criminal conviction can then have its own serious and lasting consequences, including possible suspension or revocation of your professional license. For these reasons, it is important for you to have an experienced attorney represent you at all stages of the process and fight for the best possible result.
Alissa D. Hascup has represented individuals that hold a variety of licenses, including but not limited to doctors, nurses, therapists, dentists, and realtors, and financial professionals that hold licenses through FINRA and/or the NYSE. She understands that your licensing Board / authority will need to be kept abreast regarding the status of your criminal matter and the ultimate outcome. More importantly, she understands that, most often, your professional license is the source of your livelihood. Protecting it is incredibly important.
Contact Alissa D. Hascup anytime for an initial consultation, which is always provided free of charge.
Licensing Issues for NJ Criminal Charges
Consequences of Criminal Convictions on Professional Licenses
- Revocation (sometimes permanent)
- Requirement for re-testing
Potential Dispositions in New Jersey
- Formal judgment of guilt in adult criminal court
- Diversion, drug treatment, or family counseling (IF plea or admission of guilt)
- Pre-Trial Intervention (“PTI”) (IF plea or admission of guilt)
- Conditional Dismissal (IF plea or admission of guilt)
- Conviction on collateral challenge
- Disposition vacated/expunged in the interest of justice
- Juvenile court disposition
- Pre-Trial Intervention (“PTI”) (IF no plea or admission of guilt)
- Diversion, drug treatment, or family counseling (IF no plea or admission of guilt)
- Conditional Discharge (IF no plea or admission of guilt)
- Conviction on direct appeal (being litigated)
- Disposition vacated based on legal defect in criminal case
Ms. Hascup fully understands the nuances of the law and the defenses that can be raised to fight certain charges. She will use her knowledge and experience to your advantage and attempt to help you protect your professional license.
Contact a Totowa NJ Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
If you find yourself in a situation where you have been charged with a criminal offense and are now facing issues related to your professional license, don’t delay in hiring legal representation. Contact Alissa D. Hascup today to schedule your free initial consultation.