In an effort to catch fugitives in Passaic County, there was a round up 11 fugitives all of whom were parole violators, in the Communities along the corridor of route 21.
The one-day operation brought together sheriff s office detectives, state troopers, U.S. Marshals, state parole officers, federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, Paterson and Clifton police, according to Sheriff Richard H. Berdnik.
In a continued effort to reduce the street violence that has been prevalent in Passaic County, 11 suspects were arrested on outstanding Passaic County Superior criminal and various municipal court warrants, Berdnik said in a statement. It is essential that those who commit crimes are held responsible for their actions.
The effort was part of the New Jersey State Police Mobile Deployment Initiative, which brings together various law enforcement agencies to nab fugitives.
Berdnik credited the leadership and vision of the state police for creating the deployment initiative and thanked the range of participating agencies.
Berdnik said the following people were arrested on parole violations:
- Wayne Clyburn, 51, of Paterson, for violating parole on a charge of theft by unlawful taking.
- Almerinda Desouza, 31, of Paterson, for violating parole on a charge of theft by unlawful taking and municipal court warrants issued in Paterson and Elmwood Park.
- Damon Garrett, 49, of Paterson, for violating parole on a charge of criminal attempt.
- Lakira Gary, 30, of Paterson, for violating parole on an aggravated assault charge.
- Robert Goldsmith, 59, of Paterson, on three municipal warrants issued by Paterson, Clifton and Glen Rock.
- Felix Marte, 26, of Paterson, on a municipal warrant from Passaic.
- Timothy Morrison, 41, of Paterson, for violating parole on charges of drug possession and a Paterson court warrant for assault.
- Lawrence Staggers, 50, of Paterson, for violation of parole on a burglary charge.
- Elvin Torres, 48, of Clifton, on a warrant for drug possession.
- Joshua Washington, 21, of Paterson, for violating parole on a receiving stolen property charge.
- Malachi Wilkes, 47, of Paterson, for violating parole on a burglary charge.
For more information on this article visit NJ.com http://www.nj.com/passaic-county/index.ssf/2014/11/fugitive_initiative_nets_11_arrests_in_passaic_county_sheriff_says.html#incart_river